Thursday, March 10, 2011

Geek-turned-Girl

Hello Blogger World,

    I'm back! With a new fresh blog. It's about 5 a.m. right now, and I've just started putting together this new blog! Unlike the previous one, this one will focus on my new love affair... with FASHION... specifically shoes of course!

     About 4 months ago I decided to do what might seem to some people as the UNTHINKABLE.... I decided to throw away my entire closet. YES! Pretty much the whole thing... with the exceptions of a few items that I recently purchased and decided to wear in the transition. A transition to a better closet, a better dressed new me!

    I have always been uncomfortable with my body. As a plus-size girl, I always bought what "happens to fit" not caring how it looks like on my body. My closet was made out of endless pairs of jeans, graphic tees and hoodies. I basically bought whatever fits comfortably without thinking if I really like it or not.. thinking that I must be lucky something in this world fits me at all! Yea, ridiculous ay? So what made me change my mind about all this? Well, I was procrastinating the other day, and just received a free loulou magazine from Rogers, decided to check some of the sites they have one there, and before you know it, I was already jumping from one fashion blog to the next. I started to wounder... there are tons of fabulous clothing and accessories out there and I'm settling for jeans and graphic tees? I started pondering the idea of changing my style.. do a little bit of experimentation. But WAIT..... what about my size? am I ever going to find something that fits? then I stumbled across this blog. THEN, I knew I had no excuse! Now I know that any girl no matter how tall, short, fat, skinny, white, black, brunette, blonde... can dress fashionably!

   So here I am... few months later... been on a few -too many- shopping sprees, been and will continue to experiment with new styles & hopefully will find myself some signature pieces. I feel like I have learned a lot, but there is a lot more still out there for me to explore. So hopefully this blog will help me with the learning process and help me get some helpful feedback! =)

xo xo,
Alyaa

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...