Saturday, March 12, 2011

LITA... need I say more?



Jeffery Campbell's Lita is without a doubt THE shoe of the year. It managed to establish itself as a basic in every fashinista's shoe closet. Every popular blog I've been on had Lita on it somewhere. Some blogs seemed to be revolving around Lita, including the fashionable Shan's blog (http://webblog.tinytoadstool.com/). She owns it in pretty much every colour!




   As for me, I LOVE how it looks & the bazillion ways you can wear it. But that still didn't make me rush to buy it. I mean, I'm awkwardly tall already and wasn't sure how I'll walk in it. It might sound a bit ironic, but despite my love for shoes -every shape, colour, classy, sexy or just bazaar looking- I'm challenged when it comes to walking. My left foot just manages to twist on me somehow and i always end up ruining my shoes. I considered going to Dr's to get it checked out, but I'm too much of a chicken to do that. I keep getting this nagging feeling that s/he will tell me something is wrong with my legs and that I shouldn't wear heels (do I hear you laughing?? don't laugh! that's a serious matter for me here :P).....  ANYWAYS, so, I was on campus the other day, and I spot a girl wearing a pair of Lita (in black) and I automatically jump and tell her how great they look, and ask her how comfortably do they fit... obviously they ain't gonna be the most comfortable shoes in the world, I just needed a rating of how painful they could be or how long their "half-life" is when it comes to bearable hours of wear. Surprisingly, she says it's one of the most comfortable heels she ever wore. I was like mmmmmm... interesting! So few weeks later, while walking by the fashion district I stop by one of my favorite shoe shops and ask them if they have a pair in size 10.. and of course they did (they're awesome like that)... I put it on & I'm like 'OMG! It IS comfortable'... So now, I want to get the plain olive one (above). I don't care how I'll make it fit into my budget, but I really want one!

  So enough writing for me, I'll end the post with some pictures of what I think are amongst the best worn Litas that I came across.. I love how everyone wore differently adding so much of their personal style to the outfit =)
By: Rumi Neely of fashiontoast
By: nay_myquel of iinmyshoez

By: Mel O of itsnotalwaysaboutheight
By: Jinna Boo of Greaseandglamour
By: Chiara of theblondesalad
By: B. Taylor (from chictopia)
Don't know her name but here is the chictopia link
I hope I end up getting one! *fingers crossed*

xo xo,
Alyaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...